Friday, September 14, 2012

Our women at Cedar Creek started a new Bible study yesterday. Very few things thrill my heart like gathering around a table with women and opening the Word of God. Fellowship is sweet; sharing food is always fun, but oh, to pour over the Scriptures and hear from God and make practical application to our lives is the ultimate joy. I crave it. I need it. It satisfies my soul. Yet it also makes me hungry. Hungry for more.
This weekend I am attending the Living Proof Live Simulcast. I will feed on 5+ hours of spiritual meat and I can't wait. I'll be with a dear friend and together we will glean truths from Scripture. Some things I will have heard before, I'm sure. But without a doubt, God has has some new things to teach me. Things that will convict. Things that will stir. Things that will challenge. Things that will overwhelm. Things that, hopefully, will make me uncomfortable with where I'm at right now and will push me to make changes.
I don't ever want to stop growing; even typing that depresses me, reminds me of a dead, still, stagnant pond with scum on the top. I want to be a river, flowing and fresh, always moving, sometimes slowly in deeper spots, and sometimes swiftly with passion and spirit. Wait. No. I want to be the tree beside the stream of water...that sounds familiar...

He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season...Psalm 1:3

Yes. That's what I want to be. You know what verse comes just before that? 

...his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

And here I am, back to where I started. May I never tire of God's Word. Teach, convict, stir, challenge, overwhelm, CHANGE.

Bring it on, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment